Taxes in Spain - Modelo 210 for non-residents

Non-Resident Tax - Modelo 210

Modelo 210
Non-Resident Tax

in Spain - for just 34,95 euro

in Spain -
from just € 34,95

Risk free, pay after you receive your tax return
- be done in 5 minutes!

Discount for multiple owners.

1. Fill in your details

You fill in your tax details on our site in less than 5 minutes.

If you have any questions we will guide you through phone, chat or e-mail.

2. We file your taxes for you

We calculate your tax, make sure that the information is correct and send your tax declaration to the spanish tax authority.

The tax payment will be set on direct debit and you do not have to go to the bank.

3. You are done and receive your tax return

You will receive your tax return from us and the tax will be collected by the Spanish tax authority from your Spanish bank account via direct debit.

1. Fill in your details

You fill in your tax details on our site in less than 5 minutes.
If you have any questions we will guide you through phone, chat or e-mail.

2. We file your taxes for you

We calculate your tax, make sure that the information is correct and send your tax declaration to the spanish tax authority.

The tax payment will be set on direct debit and you do not have to go to the bank.

3. You are done and receive your tax return

You will receive your tax return from us and the tax will be collected by the Spanish tax authority from your Spanish bank account via direct debit.

Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210 explained


What is Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210?

If you own a property in Spain but live more than 183 days a year outside of Spain you will be considered a Non-Resident in Spain for Tax purposes. Since you do own a property in Spain you will need to pay property taxes in Spain even if you normally pay taxes in another country.

As a Non-Resident you will need to pay a municipal property tax called “IBI” which is usually put on direct debit and you do not have to declare it. You do have to file a yearly tax declaration for you Spanish property to the state tax agency, Agencia Tributaria. The tax that needs to be declared is usually referred to as the “Non-Resident tax” which needs to be filed on a tax form “Modelo 210”.

On this site we will explain everything you need to know about Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210 in Spain as well as other taxes in Spain that might apply to you.

We are happy to file the taxes for you and help you pay the tax from the convenience of your home.

Please continue reading below and we will explain Non-Resident tax – Modelo 210 in Spain

We have a 5 star rating on Google from our clients. Please click on the photo to read reviews from our clients on Google.

Modelo 210 is the Spanish tax form for non-residents. It is valid for persons who do not live in Spain but own a property in Spain and need to declare property taxes for the Spanish home.

You can read more about it on this link.

If you own a property in Spain, you must declare it in Spain whether you are tax-registered in your home country or Spain. It is a type of state property tax you pay. Often you also pay a local property tax called IBI, you do not need to declare the IBI, but the municipality automatically deducts it after you are registered as the owner of the home.

You must declare no later than December of the year following the tax year. This is true if you do NOT rent out your home. If you rent out your home, you must declare quarterly.

The tax is deducted 31/12 the year after tax year. If you are liable for tax in 2021, you will declare 2022 and your tax will be deducted from your account around 31/12/2022.

Your Valor Catastral is your spanish tax-value of the property. You can find it on your IBI-payment receipt (the municipal property tax). It is Valor Castastral Total which we need.

It can be also called Valor Catastral / Base Imponible on your IBI-receipt. If you have a newly build house the Valor Catastral might not yet be assigned. In this case, please contact us for more information,

You can also take a foto of your IBI-payment, send it to us and we find it for you,

Please click here to find more about IBI and Valor Catastral.

Yes, you both need to declare separately. We will help you with this and you get a discount on our professional fees.

You can add multiple owners in our form when you click the red button “Start your tax return”.

Yes! You must. It is considered a taxable benefit for owning a second home. You can see Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210 as a state property tax.

Yes, you must declare both income in your home country and Spain. You deduct according to the respective country’s rules and then can claim back the Spanish tax under the double taxation agreement. To declare rental income, please click here to learn more.

No, you do not normally need to send in your receipts or invoices. Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210 is a preliminary declaration stating the income you have had and the costs you feel you are entitled to deduct. If the tax authorities make a different interpretation or request invoices, you will hear from them and then it is important that you have receipts that are approved.

Do you have more questions?

Call us: +34 611 629 317

Send us an e-mail:

Please contact us and we will find out why. Sometimes this might be due to the fact that your bank has registered your account with the passport number and not your NIE number. This prohobits the tax authority to make the payment. It can also be that the bank has missspelled your NIE or that one of the owners of the property is not account holder “titular”.
Please do contact us if you feel unsure and we will help you.

It is important that the account holder is the person who is the owner of th property. If you are a couple, make sure that the account is in the name of both owners.

You also have the possibility to make the payment to our client account and we make the payment directly. This can be an opcion if only one of you is stated as account holder for the bank account or if you are near a deadline and there is no time to set up direct debit.

We have automated the process of filing your spanish taxes to make it as easy as possible for you.

You fill in your details on our site and we file your taxes for you. We set up direct debit for they payment of taxes so the spanish tax authority will draw the taxes from your spanish tax account.

You will receive a a copy of your tax return from us and your tax will be paid automatically.

If you prefer, you can make a payment directly by visiting your bank or to our client account and we make the payment for you.

We do not need your IBAN if you pay the tax at your bank in person.

There are also other ways to pay the tax but direct debit is usually the easiest option for you.

The tax is usually 0,209-0,48 % of your taxable value if you do not rent out your property. If you do rent out your property, you need to declare your rental income and deduct your costs. The part of the year you do not rent your property you will need to pay an “imputed tax”.

For example if you own a property worth 150 000 euro, your tax is probably around 300-500 euro or lower.

We are a accountants, economists, tax lawyers and also work with architects in some cases. Our focus is on tax but help clients with a variety of questions about their Spanish properties.

We have signed a partnership agreement with the Spanish tax authority and are part of an organización for Spanish tax accountants.

Please do read more about us by clicking here.

Yes, all the information you send to us is encrypted by a similar security that banks use.

We do not have access to your bank account and only use it to set up direct debit for the Spanish tax authority. It is only the tax authority who can make direct debit payments from your account. We will never charge your account.

You pay our fees by a debit/credit card.

If you do not have a Spanish bank account there are other options to pay the tax, please do contact us and we will help you.

No, we do not have access to your bank account, only the spanish tax authority can charge your account through direct debit.

We do not need your IBAN-number if you prefer paying the tax at your bank in person. 

You pay our fees through a debit/credit card or invoice after we have filed your taxes and you have received your copy.

Yes, but you need to make sense of a rather difficult spanish tax system. Rules also change, tax forms can differ from year to year.
There might also be problems with bank paymentss or the property values might have been revised between years. The advice you might have found on internet might not be correct and the advice your lawyer or gestor gave you a few years ago might be out of date.

We quite often see cases where somebody has filed for themselves for years and we notice they have not done it correctly.

The good thing about our service is that you won’t have to worry about that and you have access to support if you have any questions.

We like the analogy that sometimes it’s comfortable to go to a restaurant even if you know how to cook. You won’t need to worry about finding a new recipe or doing the dishes.

But hey, if you love cooking, or doing taxes, you can always spend a few hours making a mess in the kitchen.

Our recommendations is that

1. If you have spent several years in Spain, can Spanish and understand the Spanish bureaucracy and have some sort of economic background, it could be worth while presenting Non-Resident tax – Modelo 210 yourself.

2. If you can Spanish and have an economic background but just moved to Spain, it is usually best to get help atleast the first year.

All other cases it is usually not worth your time to try get it right and possibly miss deduccions which would lower your tax more than the cost of getting help.

Please read more about data proteccion here.

Yes, you must declare in both countries, in Spain you declare your Spanish residence even if you are tax resident in other country normally. If you have rental income, you must declare these in both your home country and Spain and make deductions according to the respective countries’ tax system. You can then claim the Spanish tax back in some cases under double taxation agreements so that you do not have to double tax.

If you have never declared Non-Resident tax – Modelo 210 although you should have done so, we recommend to declare retroactively five years back in time, which is the period that the Spanish tax authority usually goes back to claim unpaid taxes.

You may be able to pay a penalty for the years you missed but fortunately there are discounts for this if you choose to declare the years you missed.

We include in our fees help interpreting and answering letters from Agencia Tributaria.

Please contact us for further information.

There are stories online and among friends about people who never bothered to declare Non-Resident Tax – Modelo 210 and nothing has happened.

However, this is erroneous and very risky since the Spanish tax authority has access to both Spanish property registers and European tax information through a joint tax register in the EU. It can thus be expensive and come at the same time as you simply become a tax avoider and break the law.

Also, note that there are “discounts” on the fines if you choose to declare earlier years when you missed.

You request a tax residency certificate from your home country tax agency. It is a certificate issued by the Tax Agency to certify that you have your tax residence in your country. This means that you are liable to tax in Spain only as a “non-resident” and only pay tax on the assets and income you receive from Spain.

We do not need to have the certificate when we file your tax return but it can be a good idea to have it available if you would ever get a question from the tax authority.

Normally, you do not need to submit a tax residence certificate. It may happen that the tax authority asks for this. Then you must apply for one on the your home country´s Tax Agency which shows that you are liable to tax in your home country. You then send us the residence certificate to us and we pass this on to the Spanish tax office.

Latest tax return in

Read what our clients say about us by clicking here.

We have 5 of 5 stars reviews from our clients, both on Facebook and Google. Please click the picture to read what our clients say.

Our client stories

<p>I didn't have the opportunity to travel to Palma and I needed help with my tax return. solved it in no time! Finally I have found a smooth online service which does not requiere me being in Spain. </p>

Helena, Product Manager

Gothenburg, Sweden
<p>I have an appartment in Fuengirola and thought it seemed easy to file my tax return through I filled in my information and got my Modelo 210 without having to pay twice the fee and having the trouble of getting to a law firm in Spain.</p>


Gothenbourg, Sweden
<div>Private tax returns are not my strenght, I am allergic to them (and I work at an accountant doing other peoples tax returns 😊), but your system makes it very easy. Easier that I had thought! Especially with the help I received from you, thanks!</div>

Natasha, office manager at an accountant & Leif, small business owner

<div class="x_997425251ydpc9f7f1c7yahoo-style-wrap" dir="ltr"><p>First, I thought “I can do this by myself!”, when it was time to present my first non-resident tax return for my place in Tenerife. After I had tried to collect advise and information online, I realized that this is not something I want to put my time into to do it myself.</p><p>There was a British website online and I sent my information to them but after an hour they got in touch with me and said they did not want to do my tax return because there was some problem in the Spanish tax authorities system but I never got a good explanation for the problem.</p><p>Then I found which took upon my case and visited the tax office for me. Apparently, my address records at the Tax authority were incomplete. helped me to sort everything out. For me it was easy, and I got a really good service.</p></div>

Jörgen Andersson

Malmö, Sweden
<p>We are two couples who own a vacation home on Mallorca, and we have just finished our Non-Resident Tax return – from home in Sweden – with the help of The whole process was incredibly fast and easy. I can really recommend</p>

Ulrika Bengtsdotter Lind

Vaxholm, Sweden
<p>I can really recommend when you have to present your Non-Resident Tax in Spain.</p><p>Easily accessible both through web and e-mail. Super easy and cheap as well. So, once again, thanks Vilho for your help.</p>

Jörgen “Jorge”

<p>Fast and easy service in my language for Spanish tax returns. Really happy with the service from Vilho at</p>

Christer Bergström

Gävle, Sweden
<p>I got help by with the non-resident tax for our apartment in Alicante. I got a quick and professional response, and the tax return was filed in time.</p>

David Wallgren

Stockholm, Sweden
<p>Super fast and smooth service! It was the first time we needed to declare for our apartment in Valencia and of course, I just remembered it at the last moment. We contacted and before the blink of an eye, our tax return was paid and done, everything in one and a single day! I can highly recommend this company!</p><p>Thanks a lot for your help Vilho!</p>

Marie och Torgny

Gotland, Sweden
<p>I had forgotten the yearly non-resident tax return just before new years eve but Taxadora helped us with a creative solution and being service minded!</p>

Martin, kindergarden teacher

<p> </p><p>We really appreciate having consulted for our first declaration of the Spanish property tax. As new owners of an apartment on Mallorca, we have received fast, efficient and professional support by through the web. A smooth way through the Spanish bureaucracy!</p>

Anders och Lena

Mariestad, Sweden
<div><p>Smooth communication, reliable and so nice to avoid all the mess for a small amount! Thanks a lot!</p></div>


<p>I am more than satisfied and think you have a great service as well as a fast and smooth handling of my case. I am a client who has come to stay!</p><p>Regards,</p>

Sabina Zällh

Stockholm, Sweden
<p>Advice about a simple way to file Modelo 210 in your own language. <a href=""></a>.</p><p>Before you have already done it in 5-10 minutes, find your Ref. and Valor Catastral (the taxable value of the property) which you can find in your latest IBI-bill. Nie nr, Iban to your Spanish bank. You fill in your information which can be stored for the next year and you will just need to add any changes. Fast, easy and cheap, 40 euros including taxes!</p>

Bo Larsson

<p>I have used for Non-Resident Property Tax, 49 euro for two people, easy, thanks Vilho Heiskanen</p>

Pelle Jonsson

    A payment receipt of IBI-tax which can be used to find Valor Catastral

    How can I find my Valor Catastral?

    You can most often find your “Valor Catastral” in your municipal tax receipt “the IBI”. You can either find it in your receipt in paper which some municipalities send to you in mail. If you have not received it in the mail you can often get a bank receipt of the payment of IBI which can look like the picture above. It is not always that you can find the value there but it can contain reference codes which we can use to get the value from the council. You can send us a photo of the receipt and we can help you find it. There are other ways to get it as well so please get in touch if you are  unsure and we are happy to help.

    Do you need help with other Spanish taxes?

    Contact us